Thursday, February 01, 2007

Warning: this post is potentially hazardous to anyone with an allergy...

I know, I know. This was supposed to be a blog for the allergic consumer. I am supposed to advocate things that everyone can eat (lactose free, gluten free, etc). I am failing miserably today. Ah, well...
Last night, after watching the non-allergic husband eat his THIRD bowl of another one of my quick & easy meal creations (long week), I decided that although it is not something I can eat, I would post this recipe in the hopes that some non-allergic person reading this blog would enjoy it.

Quick & Easy Mexican Pasta Salad (compliments of Campbells cookbook)

1 lb ground beef
1 can beef broth
1 can Campbells condensed cheddar cheese soup
3/4 small jar salsa
2-2 and 1/2 cups of macaroni (your choice)
shredded cheddar cheese

Prep time: none
Start to finish: 20 minutes

Brown the ground beef in a large non-stick skillet. Add beef broth and macaroni, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove lid. Add salsa and cheddar cheese soup, mix and heat through. Serve immediately, sprinkling with cheddar cheese.

As for me? Well, I just enjoy the smell!

No comments: